One Health in Practice is an international initiative stemming out from the collaborative work of several researchers from several Academic Institutions as
- the Ethology Unit, of the Department of Biology at the University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- the Department of Ecosystem and Public Health of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- the Chrono-environnement Department, UMR 6249 CNRS University Bourgogne Franche-Comté UsC INRA, France
- the Department of Biology at The King’s University, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Although we focus on specific themes (Echinococcosis is the one that brought us together in the first place), with this initiative we aim to expand this approach to other health challenges, hoping to engage other researchers into our initiative.
Mission & Vision
Our Mission is to face One Health problems with an evidence-based approach.
Our Vision is based on developing and applying cutting-edge research in biology, animal and human medicine, ecology and social sciences to face real world problems.
We also aim to promote education, information and capacity building where needed through the engagement of other researchers, volunteers, students and professionals.
We provide support in terms of information, consulting, direct collaboration and student/professional development (Training of Highly Qualified Personnel, HQP)
You can follow an example of our work (on Alveolar Echinococcosis in Alberta, Canada) in real time on our dedicated Facebook page